Myflohmarkt Buyer Protection
If you buy something from a seller who accepts Myflohmarkt, you may be eligible for a refund under Myflohmarkt Buyer Protection. If applicable, Myflohmarkt Buyer Protection entitles you to a refund of the full purchase price of the item plus the original shipping costs that you paid, if any. Myflohmarkt determines, at its own discretion, whether it is eligible for Myflohmarkt Buyer Protection. Myflohmarkt’s original decision will be considered final, but you may appeal this decision to Myflohmarkt if necessary. The prerequisite for this is that you have new or compelling information that was not available at the time of the original decision, or that you believe that there was a mistake in the decision-making process.
Important : You may need to return the item to the seller or another party that we specify when processing your Buyer Protection claim. Myflohmarkt Buyer Protection does not entitle you to reimbursement of the return costs incurred.
Myflohmarkt Buyer Protection can be used if the following problems occur during a transaction:
- You did not receive your item from a seller (“Item Not Received”), or
- You have received an item, but the item “clearly does not match the description”.
If you believe that a transaction made through your Myflohmarkt account has not been authorized by you, this is not covered by Buyer Protection, it is a different type of claim. For more information, see Resolving Problems .
QR code transactions
If you make a personal purchase for goods and services from a seller using a Myflohmarkt QR code, that purchase may fall under Myflohmarkt Buyer Protection.
Buyer protection request “Item not received”
You are not entitled to a refund for an item that has not been received under Myflohmarkt Buyer Protection if:
- You pick up the item in person or arrange for it to be picked up on your behalf. This also applies if you pay with Myflohmarkt at a seller’s point of sale, unless you pay for goods and services with a Myflohmarkt QR code .
- the seller has submitted a delivery receipt.
If the seller can prove that they delivered the goods to your address, Myflohmarkt can decide in favor of the seller regarding a buyer protection claim for an item not received, even if you claim that you did not receive the goods.
Buyer protection request “Clearly does not correspond to the description”
An item is clearly not as described if:
- the item differs significantly from the seller’s description,
- You have received a completely different item,
- the condition of the item was misrepresented. For example, the item was described as “new” but was used
- the item was advertised as authentic but is not authentic (i.e. a counterfeit item),
- the article is missing essential parts or properties and this has not been disclosed in the description of the article,
- You bought a certain number of items but did not receive all of them,
- the item was damaged in transit,
- the item cannot be used as received and this has not been disclosed beforehand.
An item is not classified as clearly out of description if:
- the defect of the item has been correctly described by the seller in his item description,
- the item has been described correctly, but you do not want to keep it after receiving it,
- the article has been described correctly but does not meet your expectations,
- the item has minor scratches and was described as “used”.
Ineligible Items and Transactions
The following items or transactions are not eligible for Myflohmarkt Buyer Protection:
- Acquisition of real estate (including residential property),
- Vehicles, in particular motor vehicles, motorcycles, mobile homes, airplanes and boats, unless they are light, portable vehicles for recreational purposes such as bicycles or hoverboards,
- Company (when you buy or invest in a company),
- Industrial machines used in manufacturing,
- Cash equivalents such as gift cards and prepaid cards,
- Payments for gold (whether in physical or exchange-traded form),
- Financial products or investments,
- Wagering or other gambling activities,
- Donations or payments on crowdfunding or crowdlending platforms,
- Payments to government agencies (with the exception of government companies) or to third parties acting on behalf of government agencies or public authorities.
- Payments sent to a payment service using Myflohmarkt to settle an invoice,
- Buyer protection requests due to clearly not the description of corresponding articles, which were wholly or partially individually made,
- Buyer protection requests for the reason that the article is not received for physical, material goods that you collect in person or that you arrange to be collected on your behalf. This also applies to items purchased at a retail point of sale, unless you personally paid for the transaction using the Myflohmarkt QR code for goods and services.
- Anything that is prohibited by Myflohmarkt’s usage policy .
- Payments made with bulk payments from Myflohmarkt (formerly Mass Pay).
- personal payments, including payments sent through Myflohmarkt’s Friends and Family feature;
- Payments that you have not made through your Myflohmarkt account.
- articles intended for resale.
Transactions that fall under Myflohmarkt Buyer Protection
To be eligible for Myflohmarkt Buyer Protection, you must meet all of the following requirements:
- Have a complaint-free Myflohmarkt account.
- Have paid for the item with your Myflohmarkt account.
- Try to contact the seller to resolve the issue with them directly before submitting a Myflohmarkt Buyer Protection claim under Conflict Resolution .
- Send in the documents and other information requested by Myflohmarkt within the specified time.
- Within 180 days of the day you sent the payment, report a problem under Conflict Resolution and then follow our online conflict resolution process.
- Did not receive a refund or agreed to an alternative solution related to your purchase from another source.
Our online conflict resolution process
If you are unable to resolve a transaction-related issue directly with the seller, you must follow our conflict resolution procedure under Conflict Resolution to file a Myflohmarkt Buyer Protection Claim. You can also apply for Buyer Protection (Step 2 below) by calling us and speaking with an agent. The steps you need to follow are outlined below. If you don’t follow these steps, your application could be rejected:
Step 1: Report a problem within 180 days of payment. In this way you can discuss your problem with the transaction directly with the seller and perhaps resolve the conflict in this way. If you cannot resolve the dispute with the seller directly, skip to step 2. We will withhold all funds related to the transaction in the seller’s Myflohmarkt account until the dispute is resolved or resolved.
Step 2: If you and the seller cannot agree, submit a buyer protection claim for a refund within 20 days of reporting the dispute. Otherwise, we will automatically close the conflict. You can submit the buyer protection request for a refund on the Conflict Resolution page . The seller or Myflohmarkt can also convert the conflict into a buyer protection request there. Myflohmarkt may ask you to wait at least seven days after reporting the conflict before submitting a buyer protection claim.
Step 3: Submit the documents and other information we requested after you, the seller or Myflohmarkt escalate your dispute to a buyer protection request for a refund. We may require you to provide evidence, third-party reviews, police reports, or other documents we specify. You must respond to these inquiries in a timely manner, as required in our correspondence.
Step 4: If you submit a buyer protection claim for an item that clearly does not match the description, meet our shipping requirements as soon as possible . We can ask you to return the item to the seller, to us or to a third party (named by us) at your own expense and to present a delivery receipt.
Step 5: Myflohmarkt, in its sole discretion, will make a final decision (including automatic dispute resolution or buyer protection claims) based on: the above eligibility requirements, other information provided during the online dispute resolution process, or other information that Myflohmarkt deems relevant and appropriate in the circumstances.
Report conflicts to us or to your credit card provider
If you used a credit or debit card as a source of payment for a transaction with your Myflohmarkt account and you are dissatisfied with the transaction, you have the right to report the dispute regarding the transaction to your credit card provider. The applicable credit card chargeback rights may be more extensive than those available to you under Myflohmarkt Buyer Protection. For example, if you dispute a transaction with your credit card provider, you may be able to reclaim the amounts you paid for unsatisfactory items, even if these are not covered by our protection for items that are clearly not as described .
You have to decide whether you want to pursue a conflict within the scope of Myflohmarkt Buyer Protection at Myflohmarkt or report the conflict to your credit card provider. You cannot do both at the same time or seek double repayment. If you report a conflict to us or submit an application for buyer protection and also report a conflict to your credit card provider for the same transaction, the ongoing proceedings with us regarding the conflict or buyer protection application will be terminated. This does not affect the conflicting procedure with your credit card provider. If you report a conflict to your credit card provider, you cannot later report the conflict to us or submit a buyer protection application.
If you report a transaction to Myflohmarkt and we make a decision against you, you can still try to report the conflict to your credit card provider later. If Myflohmarkt does not make a final decision on your buyer protection claim until after your credit card provider’s deadline has expired and the delay means that you get back less than the full amount that you could have claimed back from the credit card provider, we will reimburse you for the remainder of the loss (minus the amount that You have already received it back from the seller or credit card provider).
Before contacting your credit card provider or reporting a dispute to Myflohmarkt, contact the seller and try to resolve your problem according to the seller’s return policy.